Friday, August 10, 2012

Toast

Date
11 August 2012

Reviews
Ambience: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Service: 2/5
Cleanliness: 3/5
Price: $15-20 pp

Verdict
Waking up early on Saturday morning for a great breakfast is one of the activities I'm looking forward in the weekend. I have heard of Toast from many people since I came to Perth on how perfect their poached eggs are. Today, my friends and I decided to give it a try. We are staying in East Perth, so walking there took us less than 10 minutes. There were so many people waiting outside the restaurant, and we were given a small rubber duck (presume it is a queue sequence or number). After waiting for less than 10 minutes, there was a small table indoor available for us and we were asked to go in. I personally prefer outdoor for the lovely cove view and requested for an outdoor table but got turned down. According to the waitress, all tables were occupied and would not be available soon. So we walked in to the table arranged by her. The table was very small (meant for two or three at most) and we were not comfortable and happy about it. So we shifted to the next table (square table for four) which was only available after we have sat down. My partner and I had a Norwegian eggs and a cheesey scrambled eggs with toasted rye. I have to agree with all the comments I received for Toast, the poached eggs were perfect and so were the scrambled eggs. We would come back again earlier next time to get nice seats outdoor.

Address
21/60 Royal Street, East Perth 6004

Tel
(08) 92210771

Photos
Toast on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi D Taste Buds, this review has resulted in me calling up my girlies and making a brunch date at Reuben Hills(Sydney, you have to try it if you visit! ...pancakes mmmm)…there goes the diet! I was wondering if I could maybe get some help? I’m working on a dating app atm, and a part of the app will have bloggers recommending 5-10 places in their city to check out for a first date, I was wondering if you might recommend maybe a few places you love? I will put links up to your blog on the app and so far we have 2,000 signed up to download the app (I’m pretty surprised but so excited!) you can pop on here – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG93enNmdHRPOTVuUWVqOFJMUElibnc6MQ or email me on lauren@heylets.com xxx

    ReplyDelete